Organizational Structure ICPR:
Constitution of the Council
The Government of India will constitute the Council for a
period of three years and the Council shall consist the following:
(a) the Chairman of the Council.
(b) eight members who will include:
- A representative of the University Grants Commission;
- Two representatives of the Indian Philosophical Congress;
- A representative of the Indian Council of Social Science Research;
- A representative of the Indian Council of Historical Research;
- A representative of the National Science Academy;
- A representative of the Union Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Department of Education;
- A representative of the Ministry of Finance;
(c) twelve members nominated by the Government of India who will be distinguished philosophers or teachers of Philosophy in the university departments, affiliated colleges and schools, or other persons who have made an outstanding contribution to Philosophy;
(d) four persons of outstanding merit in the field of Philosophy or from amongst those as have rendered distinguished service to the cause of Philosophy through their scholarship, research or original contributions, to be co-opted by the Council;
(e) two representatives of the U.P. Government;* and
(f) Member-Secretary of the Council.
Subject as hereinafter provided, the term of office of the members shall be three years at a time.